Dr. Daniel Block must be one of the most productive writers on the planet. Since I arrived at Wheaton to study under him just 18 months ago he has published 4 books (including this, this, this and this), with 6 others in various stages of preparation, and several more on the horizon. You can watch for the following additions to his bibliography in the next year (the first three are with the publisher, the last two are in the final stages of submission, and the commentary on Ruth is in the research and writing phase):
- a book on biblical worship (Baker)
- a reprint of his Gods of the Nations, including an appendix with his original translation of a text on Marduk (Wipf & Stock)
- a commentary on Obadiah based on discourse-analysis in the new series for which he serves as general editor, Hearing the Message of Scripture (Zondervan)
- a commentary on Ruth for the same series (Zondervan)
- a 2-volume collection of his essays on Ezekiel, some of which have never before been published (Wipf & Stock)
Speaking of bibliography . . . if you’re looking for me, I’ll be in my study carrel fine-tuning footnotes and bibliographies.
Stay tuned for all this and more!